Hungarian artist and photographer, 19 year old Flora Borsi, recently published a fascinating project in photo manipulation. Entitled, Time Travel, she explores the topic of classic photos defined in the digital age. According to her project:
“How would time travel affect life as we know it? Capture the most important events in history, upload to instagram, twitter, facebook? If time travel did indeed become a reality, how would it affect our world as we currently experience it? I imagined how I would to do! ” (Behance project)
Her inspiration came after watching a Charlie Chaplin Movie. Can you find Flora as she travels back in time to some classic events? (Reproduced by permission)
More about Flora Borsi: (From Behance profile)
“My name is Flóra Borsi. I’m 19 years old and I live in Hungary. I’ve [been] interested in photo-manipulating since 2004. I’ve been taking photos since 2007. I won a half-professional camera on a photo contest in 2008 and I’ve been working with that since then.
I usually do (self) portraits, concept arts, photo-manipulations, fashion editorials. The essence of my photos is to visualize the physically impossible in a form of photo manipulation. At portraits I’m trying to mediate the models. I haven’t mentioned my style, because I think it hasn’t been emerged, and it’s still developing and forming. I’m open to every kind of trends. I always pay attention to the rules of geometry, the color harmony and the lightning for the appropriate atmosphere of the pictures.I would like to communicate in my photographies emotions, dreams and humour. Mainly I would like to show the emotions both of my models and myself.
About my manipulations… The editor software is just a tool to complete my pictures, I want to make an image, which looks like a real, unedited photo.
I would like to shock people or make them smile with some society critics. My goal is to inspire the viewer to think, to feel what I felt.”
- Photography Feature: Photo Manipulation (theblogidentity.org)
- Time Travel, Photographer Adds Herself to Historical Photos as a Gawking Bystander Holding a Modern Device (laughingsquid.com)
- Flóra Borsi time travels via Photoshop (o.canada.com)
- Other Photographers: Time Travel with Flóra Borsi (misreblogs.wordpress.com)
- Time Travel Project (southernmissmultimedia.wordpress.com)
- Seamlessly Adjusted Photos – Flóra Borsi Digitally Adds Herself to Iconic Historical Captures (TrendHunter.com) (trendhunter.com)
- Flora Borsi Gives Photoshop Literal Makeover (resourcemagonline.com)
- A Hilarious Woman Photoshopped Herself Taking Pictures with Her Phone Camera into Old Photographs (gizmodo.co.uk)
- Preserve and Protect: Got a Backup Plan for Your Photos? from Nikon (nikonusa.com)
- So You Created a Wormhole: January’s Book of the Month Giveaway (modcloth.com)
Categories: Featured Photographer